This versatile apple dish can be added to almost anything to make a delicious dessert. Layer it between blintzes for a yummy blintz pie and top it with a nut crumble as an easy side.
- 3 apples, finely chopped -
- 2 Tbsp oil -
- 1/4 cup brown sugar -
- 1/4 cup sweet wine -
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice -
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional) -
- cinnamon, to taste (optional) -
1. In a small saucepan, sauté the apples in oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the brown sugar, wine, lemon juice, and raisins.
3. Cook for about ½ hour until softened. Add cinnamon, if desired.
To make Apple Muffins with this click here.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, March 2012. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.