These apple muffins are an easy-to-grab, healthy option for the long Yom Tov days when
- 4 eggs, separated -
- 4 Tbsp sugar -
- 2 Tbsp cold water -
- juice of 1/2 a lemon -
- 3/4 cup potato starch, or 1/2 cup potato starch -
- 1/4 cup ground almonds -
- 1 1/2 cups Apple Stuffing -
- cinnamon, for sprinkling -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat egg whites with the sugar until firm.
3. Whisk the yolks, lemon juice, and water together and mix in the potato starch.
4. Fold the yolk mixture into the whites and gently add the Apple Stuffing. Divide among 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, March 2012. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.