Peanut butter cereal bars have always been a favorite in my house, adding the pudding layer- ups the ante on this one. With Purim on its way this might be a nice addition to your mishloach manos, but make sure the people you send it to do not have peanut allergies. This bar can be made ahead and will last well in the refrigerator for one week.
- 1 cup sugar -
- 1 cup light corn syrup -
- 2 cups peanut butter -
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal -
- 3 cups cornflakes -
- 1 1/4 cups margarine -
- 4 cups icing sugar -
- 2 pkg. Instant pudding -
- 1/4 cup soy milk -
- 2 cups chocolate chips -
1. Line a 15 x 10 baking sheet with foil to hang over the edge.
2. In a small pot, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat and stir just until mixture starts to bubble around the edges. Stir for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
3. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter mixture with cereals and toss until well coated. (I like to wear rubber gloves to coat the cereal more easily.)
4. Press mixture evenly into pan.
5. In a medium pot, melt ¾ cup of margarine and stir in icing sugar, pudding and milk. Spread pudding layer over cereal and set aside.
6. In a small pot, heat chocolate and remaining ½ cup margarine over low heat until smooth. Spread over pudding. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
7. Lift foil from pan and cut into bars.