This salad takes a few steps, but it
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided -
- 3 large portabello mushrooms, sliced -
- 6 shitake mushrooms, sliced -
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced -
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, sliced -
- 3 Tbsp dry red wine -
- Salt and pepper, to taste -
- 2 heads baby bok choy, greens only, coarsely chopped -
- 8 slices pastrami -
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped -
- Parsley, for garnishing -
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar -
- 3 Tbsp sugar -
- 1 tsp garlic powder -
- 1/3 cup olive oil -
- 1/4 tsp pepper -
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt -
1. Preheat a large saucepan with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil.
2. Add all the mushrooms and sauté until soft (about 2 minutes). Add the wine, salt and pepper, and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the bok choy to the same pan and sauté for less than a minute, just until its color intensifies into a bright green. Quickly remove the bok choy from the pan and set it aside.
4. Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of oil in the pan and add the pastrami, sautéing it just until the edges begin to curl (about 20 seconds).
5. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
6. To assemble the salad on individual plates, create a small mound of the romaine lettuce and add some bok choy. Top with an assortment of mushrooms and sprinkle with the pastrami. Drizzle on the dressing and garnish with a parsley sprig.