- 2 sticks margarine, softened -
- ½ cup icing sugar -
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract -
- ¼ teaspoon salt -
- 2 ¼ cups flour -
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans -
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar for coating cookies -
1. With an electric mixer, beat margarine until creamy.
2. Add ½ cup icing sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Add in vanilla and salt.
4. With mixer on slow spped, add in flour until just incorporated. Mix in pecans.
5. Gather dough into a bowl and wrap in saran wrap.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 375
8. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and arrange on a lined baking sheet. Leave 1 ½ inches between cookies.
9. Bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden on the bottom. The tops of the cookies should still be pale.
10. Put 1 ¼ cups icing sugar in a bowl and while cookies are still warm, roll them in the icing sugar, making sure to get a heavy coat. Be gentle because the cookies are quite fragile.