My friend Ellen Cornfeld, who gives workshops in vegetarian cooking and is a food coach, shared this recipe with me. The tofu is completely camouflaged here and the taste is amazing. Serve with lots of fresh veggies.
- 1 cup parsley leaves -
- 1/2 cup dill or cilantro leaves (or a combo)* -
- 2 cloves garlic or to taste -
- 1/4 cup red/purple onion -
- 2 scallions -
- 1 1/2 cups tofu or combo of tofu/ yogurt/sour cream* -
- 1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar/flavored vinegar -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (opt.) -
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard (opt.) -
- herbal salt (I use herbamare) and ground pepper to taste -
- * for a Passover quick option use 4 dill and 4 cilantro frozen cubes and use yogurt. -
Combine veggies in food processor and blend well. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings. This keeps in the fridge for a few days.
Note: The first time you try this dip, I recommend using proportionately more yogurt to tofu. Introduce it slowly, but surely. You might want to use less herbs/ scallions to begin with as well.
Tip: You can sneak some mashed tofu into mashed potatoes for kids. They’ll never know!
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine, Issue 145