This nutritious list of ingredients produced light and fluffy breakfast treat. Sometimes, when I am in a rush, I like to make one large pancake in an 8
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour -
- 1 cup Kamut flour -
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder -
- 1/3 cup sugar -
- 2 tbsp wheat bran -
- 2 eggs -
- 1 1/3 cups 1% milk -
- 1/4 cup oil -
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips optional -
1. Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk with fork until smooth- add chocolate chips if desired.
2. Heat a frying pan with enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Use a ladle to make individual size pancakes or use my time saving method. Pour about 1 ladle-ful of batter into pan and spread thin (add more batter if necessary.) Batter will puff slightly during cooking. Once it starts forming small bubbles on top of the pancake, flip carefully.
3. Cut into wedges and serve warm with pure maple syrup.