This salad is called winter fruit salad, but it makes you think of palm trees and sunshine when you eat it. That makes it even better than you thought.
- 1 large mango cubed -
- 1 large papaya cubed -
- 2 small oranges -
- 1 small pineapple peeled and cubed -
- 2 Bartlett pears diced -
- ½ cup pomegranate arils -
- Coconut Cream
- 1 dessert whip (8 oz.) -
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar -
- ½ cup coconut milk -
- ½ tsp rum extract (or more to taste) -
1. Cut the peel away from the oranges, then cut in between the membranes to loosen the flesh.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the salad and toss lightly. Top each serving with a dollop of coconut cream.
1. Whip dessert topping in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the beater attachment. Higher speed as liquid begins to solidify. Add the remaining ingredients and whip until a creamy consistency is reached.
2. Garnish with toasted peanut pieces and/or toasted coconut flakes.
Break open a pomegranate while immersed in a bowl of cold water – loosen the arils from the white membranes – arils will sink to the bottom.