- 1 cup whole wheat flour -
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats -
- 1/2 tsp baking soda -
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon -
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg -
- 1/2 cup honey -
- 1 Tbsp molasses -
- 1/2 cup melted butter or canola oil -
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place all the ingredients except butter and raisins into a large mixing bowl. Mix gently to combine.
3. Melt the butter in a microwave or in a pan in the oven. Cool slightly.
4. Pour melted butter into the mixture. Mix to combine. Add the raisins or chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet lined with leaving 2-inches of space on all sides. Shape gently with your fingers into rounds and press down slightly to flatten the tops.
6. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
NOTE: For pareve cookies, simply replace the butter with ½ cup oil.