Watercress is a delicious but capricious leaf that is quite perishable. Incorporating it into a sauce, dip or soup lets you enjoy its peppery bite and intense, bright color a little longer than when it is used in salads.
- 1 bunch watercress, stems and all -
- ¼ cup prepared white horseradish -
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise -
- 1 Tbsp sugar -
- 1 tsp ground pepper -
- Salt to taste -
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and plunge in the watercress for just a few seconds. Immediately rinse it in cold water. Thoroughly squeeze it dry.
2. Transfer the watercress to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Store refrigerated in a glass jar.
This dip was featured as green sauce in Tricolor Fish Terrine with Green Sauce.
This Recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 4, April 2011. Kosher Inspired is brought to you by Mishpacha Magazine.