Wraps are another one of those quick and easy meals that have become very popular. Here I have caramelized the onions, but you can also brush them generously with olive oil and grill them in the panini maker.
- 2 appetizer-size salmon fillets, without skin (6 oz each) -
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce -
- Caramelized onions (see below) -
- 2 10-inch tortillas (any desired flavor) -
- 3 to 4 pieces romaine lettuce leaves, cut into thin strips -
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise -
- 2 tsp mustard -
- 1 tsp vinegar -
- ½ tsp chopped basil -
- Caramelized Onions
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced -
- 3 Tbsp sugar -
1. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Marinate in teriyaki sauce in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
2. For the caramelized onions, place onion and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and let cook over low flame for about 15 minutes, stirring gently every few minutes. Onions are ready when browned.
3. Preheat grill on high and grill marinated salmon for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl. Spread each tortilla wrap with dressing. Add a handful of shredded lettuce, a salmon fillet, and caramelized onions. Fold in two sides, then roll up to create an envelope effect.
5. Place wrap seam-side down on panini grill and let grill for about 1 minute. Use extra dressing for dipping sauce.
NOTE: Use fat-free mayonnaise to make it lower in fat.