Chocolate chip cookies are always an easy fall-back recipe when the cookie jar is empty. This recipe is so exciting because it
- 2 sticks softened margarine -
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar -
- 3/4 cup sugar -
- 2 large eggs -
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla -
- 2 ¾ cups flour -
- 1 teaspoon salt -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips -
- Filling of your choice- your favourite chocolate bar cut into bite size pieces or the bite sized oreo cookies. -
- *I used Pesek Zman (pictured), Encore, and Weinz bite sized oreo cookies. -
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. In a stand mixer, cream margarine with sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
4. Add all dry ingredients. Mix just until fully incorporated and then add in chocolate chips.
5. Line 3 baking sheets with baking paper.
6. Drop 1 dozen small scoops of batter on each sheet.
7. Place topping of your choice on top of each cookie
8. Drop another small scoop of batter on top of filling
9. Gently roll cookie in your hands to seal the top and bottom.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Do not over bake!