This is a great way to pack all those wonderful summer flavors into one place. Strawberries are at their peak, and rhubarb adds a bit of tartness to the fruit
- ½ cup sugar -
- 3 stalks rhubarb, chopped -
- 4 lbs cooking apples, peeled and cut into wedges -
- 1 pint strawberries -
- 2 Tbsp vanilla sugar -
1. Boil 2 cups of water in a large pot.
2. Add sugar and rhubarb, cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add apples, cover and cook on low about 10 minutes longer.
4. Add strawberries and vanilla sugar and cook about 15 minutes more.