Juicy red strawberries, still warm from ripening in the sunny fields, have a sweet, tantalizing smell that makes them everyone
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled -
- ¼ cup sugar, preferably superfine -
- 2 tsp lemon juice -
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt -
1. Place strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender; purée for 2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Fill each popsicle mold with spoonfuls of strawberry mixture and yogurt, alternating, to create a swirled pattern.
3. Place tops on molds; insert wooden sticks if necessary. Freeze at least 6 hours until solidly frozen.
4. Remove molds from freezer. Soften slightly at room temperature, about 5 minutes (or dip molds in warm water for a few seconds). Remove popsicles from molds. Serve immediately, or wrap popsicles separately in plastic wrap, then store in a freezer bag or container.
NOTE: Always remove the green stem as well as a small portion of the fruit before using.