This side dish takes approximately 15 minutes to prepare, yet looks pretty and is quite filling. A great idea for low-carb dieters.
- 1 large butternut squash -
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil -
- Kosher salt -
- Freshly ground black pepper -
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted -
- ¼ cup Italian parsley leaves, chopped -
- Zest of half an orange -
- Dash of freshly ground nutmeg -
1. Peel butternut squash and remove seeds. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. Heat a large pan or heavy skillet and add olive oil. Place butternut squash cubes into pan, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sauté, tossing every few minutes to ensure that all sides get cooked. Let cook until soft, but not falling apart — about 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
3. Remove from heat and add walnuts, chopped parsley, orange zest, and dash of nutmeg. Mix to coat and serve immediately.