This salad is such a feast for the eyes (and the palate!) that I couldn
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries or barley or one of each* -
- ¼ cup mixed red and green pepper slices -
- ¼ cup scallions -
- ¼ cup sliced black olives -
- 2 cups (16 oz / 450 grams) frozen corn, partially defrosted -
- 3 Tbsp olive oil3 Tbsp red wine or apple cider vinegar -
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce2 Tbsp fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp dry -
- ¼ tsp dry mustard or to taste -
- ¼ tsp garlic powder or to taste -
Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the salad. Serve cold. Decorate with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
NOTE: I tested this recipe with cooked brown rice instead of the wheat berries and barley, and it was excellent. Loved the texture!
*Both the wheat berries and barley should be soaked overnight and then cooked for approximately 1 hour.
This recipe was featured in Mishpacha Magazine.