A gourmet presentation you can easily achieve! The sweet teriyaki sauce and crunchy sesame seeds add a really nice twist to the salmon. The flavored noodles are a tasty and elegant serving idea.
- 4 appetizer-sized fillets of salmon (skin removed) (6 oz each) -
- 1 cup honey teriyaki sauce -
- 1 cup sesame seeds -
- 3 Tbsp oil -
- 1 pkg (10 oz) cappellini noodles -
- 1 tsp olive oil -
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil -
- 2 tsp soy sauce -
- ½ tsp black pepper -
- ½ tsp kosher salt -
- ¼ tsp honey -
1. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Marinate salmon in honey teriyaki sauce for half an hour in the refrigerator.
2. Roll each piece of marinated salmon in sesame seeds to coat all sides.
3. Preheat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place salmon in pan. Let cook for about 4 minutes on one side. Turn salmon over and cook about 3 minutes more.
(You can test for readiness by inserting a fork into the center of one piece. If the fish flakes, it is ready.) Place on paper towelto absorb excess oil.
4. Meanwhile, cook capellini according to package directions, adding 1 teaspoon olive oil to the water. Drain and rinse. Add remaining ingredients to pasta and toss.
5. Place a small mound of noodles on the center of each plate and top with a piece of sesame salmon. Serve at room temperature.
NOTE: For a pretty presentation I substiute about 1⁄3 of the sesame seeds with black sesame seeds.