If you cannot find those adorable mini peppers, simply cut large ones into bite-size cubes. You can also add 2 or 3 zucchinis (sliced) for even more variety.
- 1 lb assorted mini colorful peppers -
- ½ cup pearl onions, peeled -
- Oil for coating -
- Salt and pepper, to taste -
- Basil Walnut Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves -
- ½ cup whole walnuts, shelled -
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, lightly packed -
- 1 small clove garlic, optional -
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste -
- ¼ cup olive oil -
1. Place all of the pesto ingredients except for the oil in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until the ingredients are combined. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil and process, until a paste forms.
2. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
3. Place the peppers and pearl onions on a well-oiled cookie sheet and toss in about 2 Tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 12–15 minutes, until the peppers’ skins start to blacken.
4. Cool the peppers slightly and then mix the desired amount of pesto into the vegetables. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 4, April 2011. Kosher Inspired is brought to you by Mishpacha Magazine.