- 2 beef kalochol steaks or minute steaks, cut 1 inch thick (12 to 16 ounces each) -
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar -
- 1/4 cup water -
- 2 tablespoons olive oil -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed -
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper -
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks in skillet; cook 16 to 22 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Carve steaks into thin slices.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com