This salad adds beautiful color and flavor to any menu. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1 1-lb bag shredded purple cabbage -
- 1 cup carrots, shredded -
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced thinly -
- ½ red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced -
- ½ cup salted cashew nuts, toasted -
- 3 Tbsp water -
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed -
- ¼ cup sugar -
- ½ cup olive oil -
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar -
- ½ tsp salt -
1. Heat the dressing ingredients in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Alternatively, combine all of the ingredients in a jar and mix well.
2. Place the cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot dressing over the cabbage. Add the remaining vegetables and toss well. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, until the salad has cooled and the flavors have blended.
3. Add the cashews immediately before serving.
This Recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 4, April 2011. Kosher Inspired is brought to you by Mishpacha Magazine.