- 3 to 4 lbs plums, washed and pitted -
- 1 lemon, cut in half -
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks -
- ½ cup sugar (or more) -
- 2 to 3 cups water (approximately) -
1. Place all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove lemon and cinnamon sticks. Pour compote into warm jars and process if desired.
NOTE: My Aunt Lily likes to add a drop of plum or cherry liqueur into the jars before sealing them, for both taste and preserving purposes.