This is a great side dish which uses my favorite herb to create a delicious stir-fry pesto combination. Try to make this dish as close to serving time as possible, though the pesto can be made up to 2 days in advance and kept refrigerated. Note that the ingredients are all vegetables that don
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil -
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed -
- ¾ lb button or brown mushrooms, sliced -
- 1 pint grape tomatoes -
- 1 lb sugar snap peas -
- 1½ tsp kosher salt -
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper -
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (approximately) -
- ½ cup pine nuts -
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil -
1. In the bottom of a wok or deep frying pan, heat olive oil at medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until garlic becomes fragrant. Add mushrooms and sauté until they are beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and sugar snap peas and mix constantly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook snow peas for only about 2 to 3 minutes. They should turn a bright shade of green and retain their crispiness.
3. For the pesto, combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade attachment. Pulse until very fine.
4. Remove stir fry from heat and toss with pesto dressing to coat.