- 4 beef rib steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 5 ounces each) -
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper or mixed cracked peppercorns (black, white, green and pink) -
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic -
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil -
- 1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth -
- 1/4 cup dry red wine -
1. Combine pepper and garlic; press evenly onto beef steaks. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145°) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter; keep warm.
2. Add broth and wine to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and sauce is reduced by half. 3. Spoon sauce over steaks.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com