- Brownie Bite
- 1 cup butter or margarine -
- 2 cups white sugar -
- 4 eggs -
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract -
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder -
- 1 cup flour -
- 1/4 teaspoon salt -
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder -
- Peanut Butter Caramel
- 1 cup dark corn (karo) syrup -
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter -
- 2 tablespoons honey -
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar -
- Peanut Butter Cream
- 6 cups powder sugar -
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter -
- 2 teaspoons vanilla -
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk -
- Chocolate Dip
- 2 cups chocolate chips -
- 2-3 tablespoons shortening -
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line 4 mini muffin tins with mini cupcake liners.
3. Melt margarine in a small pot. Remove from heat; add sugar. Mix until combined. 4.Add eggs and vanilla and stir. Add in cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
5. Mix just until combined.
6. Fill cupcake liners about 4/5 full.
7. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, until set.
8. Remove from oven, and cool slightly.
9. using the back of a knife, make a well in the center of each brownie
Peanut Butter Caramel:
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over a medium flame, and stir until smooth.
2. Remove from flame.
3. With a small spoon, fill the well of each cupcake. Work as quickly as possible, as the caramel hardens as it cools. (If it hardens, just reheat to soften)
Peanut Butter Cream:
1. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
3. If it is too thick, add additional milk; 1 tablespoon at a time.
4. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe a large swirl on top of each brownie. (If you do not own a piping bag, you can use a plastic bag with the tip cut)
5. Place in freezer to let it set.
1. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring half way through.
2. Transfer to a tall glass. Dip the cold brownie bites and return to the tray to set.
*as you can see in the picture – it looks really pretty without the final chocolate coating as well – so if you are feeling lazy at this point, simply omit the chocolate dip.