Enjoy this delightful combination any time of day! You can substitute any fruit in season for the nectarines. This recipe makes a large amount of granola. It will be gone before you know it, but it freezes very well.
- Yogurt (your favorite flavor) -
- 10 cups rolled oats -
- 1 cup coconut flakes -
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds -
- 1 cup sesame seeds -
- 1 cup sunflower seeds -
- 1 cup wheat bran -
- 1 cup wheat germ -
- 1½ cups canola oil -
- 1½ cups honey -
- 1½ cups peanuts or almonds -
- 2 cups cashews -
- 1½ cups raisins (add after baking) -
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Mix all granola ingredients (except raisins) together in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
3. Spread onto 2 large parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for 2½ hours, mixing 2 or 3 times. Turn off heat and let granola cool in oven.
4. Add raisins and mix to combine.
5. To serve: Peel nectarines with a knife or peeler and cut into wedges. Place at the bottom of a parfait glass and top with vanilla yogurt. Add granola and enjoy!