These brownies are a great example of a healthy dessert. I
- 1/2 cup grated apple -
- 8 pitted dates, roughly chopped -
- 1 ripe banana -
- 1/2 cup maple syrup -
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract -
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour -
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds -
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder -
- 2 tsp. baking powder -
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda -
- 1/4 tsp. salt -
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray. In a food processor, process the apple, dates, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla until almost smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the processor and pulse until the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Cut into 9 squares when cooled.