We hope that you have as much fun making these as we did. My girls really enjoyed making these, but what amazed me most was how much my 10-year-old son & his friend enjoyed making them too. They can’t wait to make these for their next siyum! It’s a no bake recipe, great for almost any age kid. Each candy created is as unique as your child is!
¼ cup vanilla soy milk
¼ cup light corn syrup
Pinch of salt
4 cups icing sugar (you made need more if the batter feels sticky)
3-4 assorted colors of food coloring (try to work with washable ones)
1. In a large bowl, use a spoon, and mix the soy milk, corn syrup, & salt.
2. Slowly add the icing sugar. Wash your hands well, as it will definitely be easier & more fun to mix the mixture by hand!! I always wear disposable gloves while working with food, but for this recipe, it’s not a good idea- the dough sticks to the gloves.
3. Knead the mixture, till you have a smooth candy, the texture of play dough. If the dough sticks to your hands, add some more icing sugar.
4. Divide the dough into 4 or 5 pieces (depending on how many colors you want to use) Place each piece of dough in a small bowl (plastic disposable are recommended) Put 2-3 drops of coloring into each bowl except for one – if you want one of your colors to be white. Knead the color into the dough till it blends in.
5. Now for the best part!! There are two types of marbles that you can make- either take a small piece of dough from each color. Roll them together into a ball. For a different effect- take a small piece of dough from each bowl, roll it all into a long strip & now roll it into a ball shape. It will look more marbleized. Lay them on a cookie sheet or tray.
6. If you’re still in the mood of more creativity- you can wrap each candy individually. Cut out a square piece of cellophane. Wrap the candy & tie ribbon on each side. Who will be the lucky recipient?
Which effect do you prefer? I’d love to see your unique creations. You can email me at email@example.com
Melt In Your Mouth Snowmen
1 pkg large marshmallows
1 Jar of Marshmallow fluff
Candies to decorate with: chocolate chips, winkies, sour sticks, lentils, mini sized cookies, fruit by the foot- just use your imagination!
Warm cup of hot cocoa when your snowmen are ready
1. Push 3 marshmallows through a straw. If using flexible straws use the straight part. Using marshmallow fluff as your “glue”, create a really yummy melt-in-your-mouth snowman!
2. Ask someone to help you make a hot cocoa & stick your snowman in.
Did you make any other yummy food crafts over midwinter vacation? I’d love to hear your ideas. Comment here and I might just feature your idea next!