- 1 15-oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed -
- 5 Tbsp water -
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice -
- 1 tsp salt -
- 1-3 cloves garlic, minced, to taste -
- ¼ cup olive oil -
1. Process the chickpeas, water, lemon juice, garlic and salt together in a food processor until smooth, for about 1-2 minutes.
2. With the motor still running, pour in the olive oil in a steady stream, until combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and season further, as needed. Refrigerate until serving.
This recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 2, February 2011. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.