Always a hit, carrot kugels are delicious served warm or at room temperature. These are so simple to make and can easily be made in advance. Add half a cup of chopped toasted pecans to the batter to add a bit of texture.
- 2 eggs -
- ½ cup oil or margarine -
- ½ cup brown sugar (lightly packed) -
- ½ cup sugar -
- 1 cup flour -
- 2 tsp baking powder -
- 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar -
- 1 Tbsp orange juice -
- 2 cups very finely grated carrots -
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10 compartments of a mufffin pan or a 9-inch round pan.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
3. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Bake 45 minutes for muffins and 1 hour using a round pan, until nicely browned.
NOTE: These kugels freeze very well.