This dessert is so simple, yet the taste is tantalizing. Even my small children love this. You can prepare and grill the pineapple wedges them earlier in the day and keep them refrigerated, but they are the tastiest when warm, so throw them on the grill minutes before you are ready for dessert. For a real treat, add a scoop of vanilla fudge ice cream.
- 1 large pineapple -
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk -
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling -
1. Cut away the skin from the pineapple and discard. Cut pineapple into long wedges by slicing from top to bottom. (Any shape you desire is fine. Rings work nicely too.)
2. If the core of the pineapple is hard, discard it. Place the coconut milk and pineapple in a large bowl and make sure all the pineapple gets coated.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
4. Grill on each side for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
NOTE: These pineapple wedges go very nicely with grilled or broiled chicken as well.