The flavors of vanilla, ginger and bittersweet chocolate are the perfect accompaniments for the tart taste of broiled apricots.
- 1 to 2 lbs fresh apricots, halved and pitted -
- 1⁄3 cup sugar -
- Vanilla ice cream -
- 5 to 6 pieces of candied ginger, cut finely -
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings -
1. Preheat the oven on broil setting.
2. Place halved apricots skin side down on a foiled-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and place in oven about 4 inches from the heat. Broil for about 6 minutes or until apricots are soft and starting to brown at the edges.
3. Remove from oven when done and divide onto individual plates, adding ice cream and pieces of ginger. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
NOTE: These can be grilled on a BBQ as well. Prepare before the meal and have a quick, simple dessert ready in no time.