These granola bars went through the ultimate taste test, the kids themselves. We had a taste test party with ten children ranging from ages one to ten, and it was a unanimous vote. The best part of this whole recipe is that you don
- 1½ cups flour -
- 1 tsp baking soda -
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon -
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg -
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed) -
- ¼ cup white sugar -
- 2 eggs, beaten -
- ¾ cup canola oil -
- 2 cups granola cereal mix (such as Gefen) -
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional) -
- ½ cup chopped dates -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the beaten eggs and oil and mix well. Add granola, raisins and dates and mix together until all ingredients are combined.
3. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Press the batter evenly in the bottom of the pan, smoothing the top with your fingertips.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes auntil golden brown. Let cool.
5. Cut into desired shapes with a sharp knife.
NOTE: Try substituting half of the flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.