- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced crosswise -
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut in half and sliced thinly -
- 1 lb green beans, edges trimmed -
- 1 wedge of lemon -
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste -
1. Heat a heavy saucepan or wok with the olive oil. Add the garlic and carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the green beans to the pot and toss to coat with the mixture. Cook for about 5-7 minutes more, until the green beans are just beginning to soften.
3. Sprinkle with some kosher salt, ground black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 2, February 2011. Kosher Inspired is brought to you by Mishpacha Magazine.