While I have listed my specific suggestions for a delicious fruit salad mixture, you can be original and create your own combination. I suggest using persimmons, mango and green grapes.
- Fruit Salad
- 2 or 3 pints strawberries, hulled and cut in bite-size chunks -
- 3 or 4 kiwis, peeled and cut in bite-size chunks -
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut in bite-size chunks -
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk or 2% milk (see Note) -
- Dash of salt -
- 3 egg yolks -
- ¼ cup honey -
- 2¼ cups whipped cream (or whipped dessert topping) -
- 3 Tbsp orange juice or 2 tsp rum extract -
1. Prepare fruit several hours before serving and place in a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Heat soy milk or regular milk in a small saucepan until just below boiling. Pour into a large bowl and add salt. Add egg yolks one at a time, whisking vigorously and constantly until combined and foamy.
3. Chill dressing for two hours. Add honey, whipped cream, orange juice or rum extract and mix until smooth and well-blended.
4. Refrigerate immediately and store up to 24 hours. Pour dressing over fruit right before serving.
NOTE: If using regular milk, add 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar along with the honey.