- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese -
- ¼ cup boiling water -
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream -
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice -
- Shake of black pepper -
1. Blend the cottage cheese and boiling water in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Add the sour cream, feta, oil and lemon juice, and continue to blend until combined.
3. Transfer to a bowl and season with pepper and salt if needed. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors have combined, at least 1 hour.
Variation: Add 10 oz of thawed and drained frozen spinach with 2 cloves of crushed garlic, along with the pepper and salt.
This recipe was featured in Kosher Inspired, Issue 2, February 2011. Kosher Inspired is a project of Mishpacha Magazine.