This salad has a refreshing and exotic taste to it. The Hazelnuts add a bit of crunch.
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts -
- 4 medium heads Belgian Endives -
- 3 oranges -
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds -
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil -
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil -
- 3 tbsp orange juice (reserved from oranges in salad) -
- Salt and Pepper to taste -
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Spread hazelnuts evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until pale golden beneath skins.
3. Let cool briefly the pour onto a dish towel, fold towel to enclose nuts and rub briskly to remove as much of skins as possible.
4. Coarsly chop nuts and set aside.
5. Chop endive and place in bowl.
6. With a sharp knife, cut and peel white pith from oranges. To section each orange, hold in a bowl to catch juice, cut in between segments, then lift them free.
7. Cut each segment in half if they are large and add them to endives.
8. Mix together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix.
9. Sprinkle with hazelnuts, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.