This tasty, high-in-protein snack (or side dish) is great for a low-carb diet, and for anyone who appreciates Middle-Eastern flavors. You won
- 3 to 4 Asian eggplants -
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil -
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt -
- ½ Tbsp freshly ground black pepper -
- Tahini Dressing -
- 1 cup prepared tahini -
- 2 cloves garlic, freshly minced -
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice -
- 1 to 2 Tbsp water or plain yogurt -
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Cut eggplants into quarters, and then cut each wedge in half. Place slices on the lined baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over eggplant. Toss to coat eggplant, then sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
3. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, tossing once during baking.
4. For Tahini Dressing, combine tahini, garlic, lemon juice and water or yogurt in a bowl and mix. Serve with Eggplant Fries.
NOTE: For a low-fat dairy version, try replacing the Tahini Dressing with low-fat yogurt.