While this may not be an unusual or dramatically different side dish, crispy potatoes are one of those foods you can never get tired of. Serve them as suggested below and they ill be a real hit! I serve this o my kids as a dairy meal but it
- 2 lbs mini red potatoes -
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil -
- 2 Tbsp butter -
- 1 tsp kosher salt -
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper -
- 1 to 2 shallots, finely shredded -
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped -
- 1 cup sour cream -
- Freshly ground black pepper -
1. Cut the mini potatoes in half.
2. Melt oil and butter in a large non-stick skillet. Place potatoes cut side down in a single layer (try to fit as many as possible, the rest can just sit on top of them). Cover the pan and let cook on medium-low heat until potatoes are soft and outsides are crunchy – about half an hour. Check occasionally to see if bottom slices are getting too dark. If they are, add a little oil (about 1 tablespoon) and mix the potatoes so they all get crispy and brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. To serve, top with shredded shallots and chopped fresh dill. Serve in a large serving dish with a generous dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with additional freshly ground black pepper.