- 12 lasagne noodles -
- 1 jar (about 3 cups) of your favorite marinara sauce -
- 500 g (about 1 lb) ricotta cheese -
- 250 g (about ½ lb) cottage cheese (1% is fine) -
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese -
- 2 eggs -
- ½ tsp salt -
- ½ tsp black pepper -
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped -
- 1 or 2 scallions, finely chopped -
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts -
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the lasagne noodles according to package directions, until al dente — soft but still chewy — and drain. Lay noodles flat.
3. Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth.
4. Grease a 9-inch square deep baking dish. Place approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of filling on the center of a lasagne noodle and spread evenly it to cover the whole noodle. Roll the noodle up gently and place seam down into the baking dish.
5. Repeat with the rest of the noodles, packing them in close together in the baking dish. Pour marinara sauce over the top of the noodles, covering them completely.
6. Cover the pan and bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm.