While pancakes are a standard American breakfast food, I usually don
- 6 eggs -
- 2 cups 2% cottage cheese -
- ¼ cup sugar -
- 2⁄3 cup flour -
- ½ tsp baking powder -
- ¼ tsp kosher salt -
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon -
- ½ cup raisins (optional) -
- Oil for frying -
1. Place eggs in a bowl and whisk well until foamy (or use an immersion blender to create the volume). Combine all remaining ingredients in another mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Pour half of foamy egg mixture into cottage cheese mixture and fold gently until combined, using a rubber spatula. Slowly add the mixture back into the other half of the foamy egg mixture and once again, fold together gently to combine.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and heat on medium heat. Pour half a ladleful of batter for each pancake into the pan.
4. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil as necessary to the pan.
NOTE: You can refrigerate the batter overnight, but the mixture will lose its volume. They still taste great, though!