These chocolate discs can be a fabulous addition to scoops of ice cream, chocolate nut tortes, or even a platter of cookies. They are so easy to make, take just minutes to create, and add a sophisticated look to anything you serve. Semi-sweet baking chocolate works very well for these, but the Noblesse chocolate bars from Schmerling taste even better
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate or good quality eating chocolate (see discription) -
- ¼ tsp cooking oil -
- A handful of nuts, toasted shredded coconut, raisins, or dried cranberries, as a garnish (optional) -
1. Melt the chocolate and oil together in a double broiler and stir to combine. Transfer to a very heavy Ziploc bag (cut off a small hole at one corner when you are ready to pipe the chocolate discs) or a piping bag fitted with a narrow tip.
2. Draw circles the desired size on a sheet of parchment paper and fill in with thechocolate, making a disc. Place desired toppings on each disc immediately, before chocolate dries.
3. Store in a box lined with parchment paper (you can make several layers) and keep in a cool, dry place until ready to use.