- • I large chicken cut into 8 -
- • 2 cans pitted Israeli olives -
- • ½ teaspoon turmeric -
- • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper -
- • 1 teaspoon kosher salt -
- • 2 or 3 grated tomatoes -
- • 5 cloves of garlic -
- • ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil -
- • ½ of a preserved lemon chopped (discard seeds) or Juice of 1 lemon and zest -
- • 1 ½ cups of chicken stock -
- • ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley for garnish -
1. Boil olives in water twice discarding water each time.
2. Wash and pat chicken dry. Season chicken with kosher salt & pepper and brown chicken lightly on both sides over medium high heat. Remove from pan add grated tomatoes, garlic, turmeric, stock and lemons. Scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Return chicken to pan, baste. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add olives, cook for another 20 minutes. With a large spoon degrease and garnish with parsley.