To all those chocolate lovers out there
- Brownie Layer
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, -
- cut into pieces -
- 5.5 oz. good quality bittersweet -
- baking chocolate -
- ¾ cup sugar -
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk -
- ½ cup flour -
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa -
- ¼ tsp salt -
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract -
- Cream Cheese Layer
- 16 oz cream cheese at room -
- 2 egg yolks -
- 2⁄3 cup sugar -
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of 9 x 13-inch cake pan with parchment paper or foil.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in sugar and then eggs, stirring vigorously with each addition. Mix in flour, cocoa, salt, and vanilla extract, stirring just until smooth.
3. To make the cheesecake mixture, place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined (I like to use an immersion blender.)
4. Pour a bit more than half the brownie mixture into the bottom of the pan and spread evenly. Pour the cheese mixture gently on top of the brownie layer and smooth with a spoon.
5. Spoon the remaining brownie mixture over the top of the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops of approximately 1 tablespoonful each.
6. Take a knife or spatula and run it through the dollops, creating a swirl design on top. Bake for 40 minutes, just until set. Cool completely then cut into squares.