Aside from being delicious, these cr
- 6 Tbsp flour -
- 5 Tbsp sugar -
- 5 eggs -
- 1 cup milk or club soda -
- 1 Tbsp oil -
- Cheese filling
- 8 oz feta cheese -
- 12 oz ricotta cheese -
- Spinach mixture
- 16 oz bag frozen spinach -
- 2 cloves garlic, minced -
- 1 Tbsp olive oil -
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper -
- Less than 1 tsp kosher salt -
- Store-bought salsa, for serving -
1. Whisk together crêpe ingredients in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Grease a non-stick pan. Using a ladle, pour enough batter into the pan to coat the bottom evenly. (You may have to swirl the pan in a circular motion to create an even layer of batter.) Once the batter solidifies into a crêpe (about 1 minute), turn it over and cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Remove from pan.
3. To make cheese filling, mix feta cheese and ricotta cheese in a bowl to combine.
4. To make spinach mixture, place frozen spinach in a strainer to defrost. Press firmly on spinach to remove excess water. Sauté the garlic in a large skillet in olive oil until fragrant (not brown). Add spinach and sauté about 5 minutes or until extra water has disappeared. Add salt and pepper.
5. To assemble crêpes, place about 2 to 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture into the center of each crêpe and 1 to 2 tablespoons of spinach filling on top. Roll up and cover until ready to serve.
6. Gently heat the salsa in a small pan or in the microwave. Pour over warm crêpes before serving.
TIP: There is no need to grease the pan between each crêpe – after every 4 or 5 crêpes is sufficient.