This dish boasts a wonderful combination of flavors that is sure to enhance any chicken or meat entr
- 4–5 large carrots - (or 1 bag of frozen sliced or baby carrots)
- 2 tsp ginger, freshly minced -
- ½ cup olive oil -
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar -
- ¼ cup orange juice -
- ½ tsp kosher salt -
- 3 pears, peeled, pitted and cut into small wedges -
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Using the slicing blade of a food processor or a mandoline, evenly slice the carrots.
3. Place the carrots and remaining ingredients in a large Ziploc bag and shake well to thoroughly combine. Grease a rimmed cookie sheet and empty the contents of the bag onto it, in a shallow, even layer.
4. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove the carrots from the oven, stir them around and bake for 5–10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.