As a firm Cholov Yisroel observer I have often stood in the baking aisle of my local supermarket, dreaming of the cookie possibilities offered by all the different flavored
- 1 ½ sticks margarine -
- 1 cup light brown sugar -
- 1 large egg -
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract -
- 2 cups flour -
- 1 teaspoon baking soda -
- ½ teaspoon salt -
- 1 ¼ cups butterscotch chips -
- 1 cup white chocolate chips -
- ¾ cup caramel chips -
- ¾ cup chocolate chips -
1. Cream margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg and vanilla until combined well.
3. Gradually add flour, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
4. Stir in the butterscotch chips.
5. Shape dough into a log about 2 ½ inches in diameter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hr. (until firm)
6. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
7. Slice log into ¼ inch disks. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
8. Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave. Spread the tops of the cooled cookies with the melted chocolate. Melt the caramel chips and chocolate chips individually and transfer to a pastry bag with a fine tip. (If you do not have a pastry bag you can put into a plastic bag and snip the tip.)
9. Pipe the caramel in stripes going one direction. Pipe the chocolate over the caramel in the opposite direction.
10. Let the chocolates harden and enjoy!