Perfect with a cup of coffee
- ½ cup butter, softened -
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar -
- 1 egg -
- 1 tsp vanilla extract -
- ½ cup sour cream -
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour -
- 2 tsp baking powder -
- ¾ tsp baking soda -
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries -
- Crunchy Walnut Topping
- ½ cup walnut or pecan pieces -
- ½ cup packed brown sugar -
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour -
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon -
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted -
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
2. For topping: Put nuts in a bowl and sprinkle with brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Toss with fork to combine. Drizzle with melted butter and toss again. Set aside.
3. For cake: Cream softened butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add sour cream and beat until combined.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Add to butter mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Sprinkle evenly with berries, then with topping.
5. Bake until cake is risen, golden in color, and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean (approximately 55 to 60 minutes). Remove from oven and let the cake stand in the pan or on a wire rack for 15 minutes before unlatching the sides and transferring the cake to a plate. Let cake cool completely before slicing.
NOTE: This cake is best the day it is made, but will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.