Grilled corn on the cob is a special summertime treat. This combination adds a unique flavor
- 6 ears of corn -
- 2 Tbsp olive oil -
- 1 tsp Montreal steak spice or any steak spice -
- ¾ tsp paprika -
- ¾ tsp kosher salt -
- Freshly ground pepper -
1. Soak the ears of corn, together with their husks, in a large bowl of cold water for about 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
2. When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium heat. Pull any extra exterior leaves off the corn but leave one layer. Gently fold that layer back and tear out the silky threads from within.
3. Combine all the ingredients listed above in a small bowl and rub mixture on the corn ears generously to coat them. Pull husks back up around corn and tie with a piece of loose husk or twine. Place on preheated grill and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally to prevent charring.
4. Serve warm with melted butter or margarine if desired.
NOTE: You will know corn is ready when you press a kernel and the juice shoots out.