The many flavours blend together to create a wonderful, wholesome salad that is a meal on its own. This big bowl of salad was gone within 5 minutes of the photo shoot by some hungry taste testers. It is best to dress the salad close to serving time.
- 3 chicken breasts tenderized -
- 2 tsp. soy sauce -
- ½ tsp. ground ginger -
- ½ tsp. garlic powder -
- 4 tsp soy sauce -
- 1/4 cup olive oil -
- 1/2 cup lime juice -
- 2 tsp brown sugar or honey -
- 2 tsp sesame oil -
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger -
- 1 clove garlic minced -
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard -
- 1 head baby romaine lettuce – cut into thin strips -
- 1 mango or 2 peaches peeled and cubed -
- 2 green onions or scallions chopped -
- Handful of Chow mein noodles -
- Handful Toasted slivered almonds or cashews, optional. -
1. Marinate the chicken in soy sauce and spices for 1 hour or refrigerated overnight. Preheat a non stick skillet with 1 tblsp. olive oil and sear chicken on each side until tender – about 4 minutes –– cut into strips.
2. Combine all dressing ingredients into a glass jar and shake very well. This can be refrigerated up to 1 week.
3. Place lettuce in a bowl, add diced mangos or necterines and green onions. Add chicken, as much dressing as you like, and top with chow mein noodles and nuts if using – serve immediately.