Fresh and dried apricots are combined in this wonderful compote which is packed with flavor.
- 4 lbs ripe apricots, washed and pitted -
- 1 cup good-quality dried apricots -
- 2-inch long strip of fresh ginger peel, finely grated -
- ½ cup sugar (or less) -
- 2 to 3 cups water -
1. Combine the fresh and dried apricots in a large pot along with the ginger and sugar. Add water.
2. Bring to a slow boil and reduce the heat immediately. Let cook on low heat until the fruit is soft, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Pour compote into warm jars and process if desired.